I’ve been reading everyone’s blogs. I swear I have. I’ve read everyone’s 7 Random Things and thought to myself, “I didn’t get tagged this time.” and I wasn’t sure whether to be happy or offended. Then I read the other Sariah’s 7 Random Things and she mentioned that both of us were mentioned by GoofyJ. I went back, and sho’ ’nuff! I dun gone and been tagged! Silly me. SO… here are 7 Random Things About Me:
1. As much as I hate long winters and soooooooo much snow and small towns where everyone knows everything about everyone, since moving here to Phoenix I have actually found myself missing living in Preston, Idaho. I know. I can hardly believe it, too.
2. I have hazel colored eyes, which I love because hardly anybody has hazel eyes. I used to hate the lack of mention of beautiful, hazel eyes in TV, movies, or songs, but now Kelly Clarkson has her song, “These Hazel Eyes”, and it’s great. The song is great. Kelly Clarkson is great. Hazel eyes in general are not just great, they are AWESOME.
3. I have just agreed to be a contributing writer on the “Movies Noone Should See” blog. Well, I offered and they accepted. Anyway, I get to write mostly about reality TV, but can write whatever about anything I want. Kewl!!!!
4. Some of my color guard girls made bracelets out of embroidery floss for the three of them and for me. We each got to pick our favorite color. Of course, they did not inform me that the colors would be bright, neon, but whatever. Anyway, the girls wrapped the bracelet around my wrist, tied it off, and I wear it all the time now. It will come off when it breaks off, I guess.
5. My mom and I have eerily similar handwriting. I actually have to concentrate on what I’m doing whenever I write (or print… same thing, really) in order to make it not look like my mom’s. Isn’t that wierd?
6. Asparagus used to be one of my favorite veggies, but then, just over 6 years ago, I got pregnant for the first time. Right before (like days, I think) I started to get really sick I had made this huge meal for Valentine’s Day. One of the side dishes was this really yummy asparagus wreath. However, with the kind of morning sickness I had (Al, I totally feel ya!!), I was puking everything, all day and night long. Certain foods that I once loved became dreaded. A month later I had a miscarraige and once the surgery was over, the morning sickness went away. I am pretty much back to normal with all of the other foods, but to this day I can’t even look at a picture of asparagus without feeling like I’m going to gag. It’s sad because I actually do miss it.
7. I have never been to band camp. It’s wierd to hear about these bands that go away for band camp because in my high school we met at the school every day for a few weeks before school started to get ready for marching band. Band camp was considered that music camp that you went to as an individual musician. The high school I am teaching guard at this year, however, has the entire band load busses and go to Colorado for a week. The kids are waaaaay excited to go, and that has rubbed off on me. I get to go to band camp! Finally!! I couldn’t afford it when I was a teenager, and I never won a scholorship. So, starting in August, you may hear me say, “One time, at band camp…” an aweful lot. I just won’t have any stories involving my flute, so please don’t ask. (I hope most of you don’t actually get that joke. That was a disgusting movie!)
K, there you go! I tag Erica, Laural, Kris, and Kenyon.