I’m following Karen’s example and having Random Number Monday. Partly because I missed Random Friday, partly because I haven’t written in a week, and partly because I just have a lot of different things to say.
1. My tummy hurts. I hate it. I don’t know why it hurts (no insinuations here about pregnancy, okay? I don’t want to hear it!!). I wake up in the morning feeling okay, but it slowly but surely gets worse and worse until around dinnertime I can’t do ANYTHING. I just want to lay down and die. Okay, maybe not die, but I am pretty miserable.
2. One of my best friends from college, Camille, called me on Thursday and asked if she can come visit me. Uhhh, YES!!!! I’m so stoked! She’ll be here on the 16th. Her husband is taking their sons to his cousins house to play computer and video games. Camille said, “I don’t want to do that! I want to go to Reno.” So Rob said if she could find a cheap ticket (which she DID!), she can come. WOOT! She and her daughter will be here until the 20th.
3. I started playing in a community band. It’s pretty hard core. We’re playing some really tough music (mainly grade 4 and 5!), but it’s also a lot of fun. On the first night, we got to stand and say our name and what we do. At my turn, I said, “My name is Sariah and I’m a mom.” I heard a lot of “Awww!” and “That’s so great!” from the group. It was kind of weird, though, because I was the only one who had that kind of an answer. Everyone else was all, “I’m a teacher” or “I work as an accountant” or whatever. Hmmmm.
4. We found MORE mold! One wall in our bedroom is covered in it. Ches cleaned it up yesterday before church. Before he did that, however, he took pictures of it to take to the management office. We found a little bit of mold in our closet, and a tiny bit on the wall in the kids’ room. It scares the heck out of me to have so much mold. We can’t live like this, but where are we goiung to go? We have cheap rent here, and may only be here until July or so, so there’s no way we could get a lease somewhere else for such a short time when we don’t know if and when we’re moving.
5. I get to pick up my wedding dress from the cleaners today. We’ll see how well they were able to repair it. The owner of our condo has insisted we send him the bill. He’s such a nice guy.
6. Our camera broke again. Like I said above, Ches used it yesterday morning, and then put it away properly. That evening I took it out to take some pictures of the boys, bu the lens wouldn’t open or anything. We haven’t even had it back a full month! Ches gets to call Sony today.
7. I start winter guard with a junior high today. It’s going to be pretty low-key, and they are only giong to one competition. We’ll see how many kids actually show up (the band director never called and gave me a number to go off of), and how many of those kids are actually committed enough to do it.
8. Valentine’s Day is quickly aproaching, and I don’t know if Ches and I are actually celebrating in any way. We haven’t talked about it. I just want flowers (roses, tulips, and daiseys would be best, but I’d be happy with anything EXCEPT carnations), but I hate that I have to tell him “Buy me flowers.”
9. I made a roast in the slow cooker yesterday. We came home from church, and our little apartment smelled soooooo good! I said, “It smells like Sunday!” Funny how roasts are like the staple Sunday dinner.
10. I’m very sad for the Seattle Seahawks. I wanted them to win.
11. Did anyone else get bored by the halftime show? I mean, the Rolling Stones are great and all, but there was really nothing special about the show. They just got up there and did 3 numbers (good choices, however), but it seemed to kind of drag on a bit.
12. Aiden woke up this morning and asked, “May I watch a movie about Star Wars… PLEASE????” He’s so obsessed, it’s funny.
13. I get to teach Releif Society the last Sunday this month. I’m pretty nervous.
14. I just finished reading “Ella Enchanted”. That was a cute book. I hear the movie is pretty cute, so I’ll have to check it out.
15. We watched “Ladder 49” the other night. I quite enjoyed it. If you haven’t seen it and you’re a total cry baby girl like me, make sure you have Kleenex.
16. I think I have a kajillion and one errands to run, so now I must go. Buh-bye!